I think this is what I’ll go with for now:
- Sleep: Main goal to wake up at 5:45. Aim to head to bed at 10:00. I’ll keep you posted =).
- Vitamins: Same.
- Water: Dropping this goal for now.
- Exercise: As of this morning I’ve decided to do the T-Tapp 15 minute workout plus with OIP/Half frogs every morning when I wake up. I wish there was a middle ground workout. Maybe I’ll try to make one sometime?
- Eating: Goal to report fruit and veggie intake daily.
- Affirmations: Goal to listen to an affirmation mp3 each night as I go to sleep.
- Weight: Goal to weigh myself each morning and record (not here =).
- Accountability: Post something to this blog everyday–preferably a formal goal report.
These are the areas I’m thinking of making goals to report on and my thoughts about them:
- Sleep: Early to bed and early to rise. Bed at 10:00. Up at 6:00. I’m a little worried that that isn’t enough hours because my body has been demanding some repayment for all the years of sleep deprivation. And I’ll just tell you that it’s not satisfied with any measly 8 hours. But I’m going on faith that “retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated” is really true. I could use some invigoration. (Doctrine and Covenants 88:124)
- Vitamins: Still taking B complex, fish oil, vitamin D, multivitamin. I may start taking calcium because I’ve been having muscle cramping and maybe that will help?
- Water: Not inclined to worry about water right now. It’s not that hard, but it’s one more thing to think about and I’m not sure it really matters that much? I’d be happy to hear opinions about that.
- Exercise: I miss doing T-Tapp!! I feel and see a difference in my body when I do it and I’m feeling and seeing a difference in my body when I’m not doing it. But 50 minutes is so long!! Even when it’s every other day that’s just a huge chunk to fit in. Especially when you count a shower, etc. afterward! Sigh. I wonder if I should do her 15 minute workout (which is just the first 15 minutes of the long one) everyday instead. I would really miss the full workout! Maybe I could do the full workout once a week? Wait! If I’m waking up at 6:00am it’s not going to be hard to fit in. Hmmm….
- Eating: Fruits and veggies!! I think I’ll stick with the idea of reporting the fruits and veggies I eat everyday. I could also consider reporting the sweets I eat everyday. I would have eaten a lot fewer cookies yesterday if I’d had to count and report them.
- Dry Brushing: I started dry brushing in November, I think. It takes about 10 minutes every morning, but it’s amazing for tightening loose and/or bumpy skin. I may or may not decide to report this.
- Affirmations: Affirmations work really well for me. I’d like to start listening to affirmations as I go to sleep at night. Maybe reporting it would help make that happen. I just got the affirmations onto my phone. Yay!
I’ll keep thinking about these and check in tomorrow about which goals I want to set.
Have I given up? Not really. But I must say that reporting everyday makes a big difference for me making health changes. When I started this blog in November I was able to start drinking lots of water, taking vitamins consistently, exercising, eating healthier food, being mindful of my sleep. I ended up weighing 5 lbs less after the holidays than I did before. Contrast that with last year when I effortlessly gained a rather alarming 14 lbs over the holidays.
On the other hand, in the last few weeks when I haven’t been reporting I’ve lost almost all those positive changes except taking vitamins. They petered out slowly with exercise hanging on by a very tenuous thread–meaning I exercised one day last week and could conceivably exercise sometime this week. And I’m still eating fruits and veggies.
So what to do? I guess I could start by resolving to make an appearance here on this blog daily and then see what happens. The health areas I’d most like to improve right now are sleep, exercise, and eating fruits and veggies. So maybe I could start with those.
Hi! I’ve been AWOL!! I’ve really been focusing on staying committed to my exercise goals and some of my other goals have been a little neglected. I’ll report on each:
- Sleep: I’ve been doing similar to how I was before. Not great. Not terrible. Bedtime hasn’t been well-observed, but I’ve been getting okay hours–mostly by sleeping in. The last couple of nights the hours haven’t been stellar.
- Vitamins: I’ve been doing great! I’m a vitamin taking fool!!
- Water: Meh. Some days good, some days not so good. It’s easier to drink a full gallon on the days I exercise. I had a few days when I didn’t even measure. Can you believe it?!
- Exercise: So I’ve been doing the full T-Tapp Total Workout 3 days a week. I pretty much always remember to do the OIP/Half Frogs first. It’s going great! I keep figuring out new things to perfect my form and it keeps getting harder and harder. I sweat more and more. I’m breathing harder. I feel my muscles engaging more and working harder. My body demands more water during the workout. But it remains extremely gentle. I notice changes in my muscle engagement and posture when I’m not exercising also. It’s really awesome! So I’m sticking with it.
- Eating: I haven’t really been thinking about my eating much. I haven’t been eating really unhealthy food, but I haven’t been getting in my fruits and veggies as much and I haven’t been eating enough early in the day to avoid being really hungry in the late afternoon and evening. Being too hungry results in worse food choices. Also, I’m struggling with the idea of reporting everything I eat. Not sure exactly why. Partly a rebellion against people knowing what I’m eating, maybe? Partly it’s just hard to maintain when my main focus isn’t on health changes–which it can’t always be. I think for now I’ll just report the fruits and veggies I ate each day. I really feel like that’s the biggest change I’d like to make permanent. I love fruits and veggies. They’re so satisfying: they taste amazing, they’re filling, they satisfy my desire for wholesomeness, and if I add them to the food I eat early in the day they keep me from being hungry later. What’s not to love about all that?! So from now on that’s my eating focus and what I’ll be reporting.
And I’m recommitting to daily reports. So you’ll hear from me soon =)! Toodle-oo.
- Sleep: Back to bed around 10:45. Got about 10.5 hours of sleep.
- Vitamins: Yes.
- Water: Yes.
- Exercise: I made myself do the full T-Tapp Total Workout. I did not do the OIP etc.
- Eating: I didn’t keep track. Ate broccoli in the evening. Didn’t eat other vegetation.
Still not feeling great. Really want to eat lots of fruits and veggies.
Here’s what I have to report:
- Sleep: Back to bed around 10:15. Got about 8 hours of sleep.
- Vitamins: Yes.
- Water: Less than half a gallon.
- Exercise: No. I felt sick and tired and ornery.
- Eating: I didn’t keep track. I didn’t eat a lot or eat bad stuff, but I didn’t eat any fruits and vegetables except an orange.
Not feeling great. I’ll try to make more of an effort to eat produce.